Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Veni, Vidi, ..."

For starters, we have all come to something and that something is right now.  The past cannot be undone, and what lies in the furture is all hypothetical.  That leaves you right here, now, reading this blog.  "Wherever you are be all there" is a timely quote from somewhere in the recesses of my memory whose author I fail to remember.  Leaving all philosophical questions aside for now, I suppose my chief objective in this endeavor is to try and grapple with some of the current events of the day through the prism of their possible politcal, religious, historical and well, all right, their philosophical implications.  If you're confused right now that makes two of us.  Coming from an undergraduate degree background of politcal science and history, along with a graduate degree experience involving theology and psychology, this could be either thoroughly stimulating or sedatively boring.  Oh, did I mention that five months after graduating from college I contracted spinal meningitis, nearly died, and have lived ever since partially paraplegic with an acute hearing loss?  Just details.
We will have time enough to cover all of that and much more in the future . . . or will we?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul - I'm not much of a blogger, but I must say for a blog your's is quite good. The biggest concern i have regarding blogs is my spelling mistakes, as well as, not having too much to say! oh well!! haha
    Having known your story for many years, I'm proud of you and your continued love for life. You are an inspiration to keep going no matter what life sends you. I've given 'fate' a lot of mind time lately, due in part to my moose/car accident in January where I was very lucky not to have been killed. I was a lucky person to say that I could 'walk away' after a moose tore the roof off of my car. The moose ended up on the pavement at the back end of the car. Two nights in hospital, concussion, 14 stiches, and a broken nosem and 15 weeks later, all is getting better. I remain off work with no date for return to the job. What's ahead of us is unknown - which I believe is not a bad thing! Let's enjoy what we have, work with our challenges and help others where able. Paul you have helped me. I have always admired your love of learning and your determination to live your own life. That's probably enough from me as it is 0205 here in Port de Grave, Newfoundland and sleep has eluded me. ok - I'm done now! loves ya Paul from cuz Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We celebrate birthdays because it's good to be alive. I think the Mad Hatter was onto something, though, by celebrating un-birthdays as well (whether that makes me mad or him unusually keen I'm not qualified to say). In any event, welcome to the Bloglands!

    ReplyDelete